Home Button problems

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by wolfpackfan, Aug 15, 2012.

1. wolfpackfan macrumors 68000

I've got an iPhone 4 that seems to have a recurring Home button problem. Sometimes I have to press the Home button 4-5 times to get back to the Home screen. I've done some research and found several posts saying to rebuild the iPhone from scratch or there was one that had you go through a series of key presses to recalibrate the Home button. Nothing seems to help and I'm wondering if maybe I have some kind of hardware problem. Has anyone else had a similar problem and if so, were you able to get any help at the Apple Genius bar. The iPhone is over 2 years old and I don't have Apple Care. Thanks.

2. TurnTronics macrumors member

Sounds like your home button possibly went bad and needs to be replaced. Never hurts to take it to the Genius Bar for them to look at. Just make an appointment online and they will take a look at it for free.

If the home button is bad, it is something you can replace for about $15. The downside is you basically have to disassemble your entire iPhone to access the home button. If you feel like taking a stab at it, iFixit.com has step by step instructions. Here is the link http://www.ifixit.com/Device/iPhone just choose your model and then the instructions for "home button" Good luck!