home button question, and downgrading to older version

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by devils punchbow, Jul 1, 2010.

1. devils punchbow macrumors member

Hi. I have a used 2G touch I just got off ebay. Seems to be working well. I do have a question about home button though. What is the proper touch on button to bring back home screen ? Touch home button quickly, and release ? Hold home button a few seconds, and release ? etc ? I feel like it is not always responding right away, but not sure if I'm touching home button properly. Could someone explain the proper touch of the home button to activate it ?

Other question. When I bought touch on ebay it was advertised as having 3.1.something. It looks like they updated to 4.0 right before they shipped it to me. I actually did not want to use 4.0 on this 2G. Is their a fairly simple way to downgrade back to 3.1.2 or something ?

My plan originally was to use 3.1 on this 2G. Then use 4.0 when a go for a new generation after it is released.

Could anyone advise on downgrading to 3.1 please ?

2. TRUCRACKER macrumors 6502

TRUCRACKER

Just press and release no need to hold it down.
    Restore it in iTunes.

3. ARF900 macrumors 65816

ARF900

Just click the button once like a computer mouse. They couldnt have upgraded to 4, the 2g does not support iOS 4, what makes you think that they have?

4. liamkp macrumors 68020

liamkp

It does... partially.
    Here you go. http://www.felixbruns.de/iPod/firmware/

5. devils punchbow thread starter macrumors member

Yes when I took 2G out of shipping box. Itunes showed 2G as on 4.0. The seller upgraded it before she shipped it to me.

6. devils punchbow thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the replies. The problem ended up being 4.0

My home button was responding terribly on 4.0. as well as some issues with some apps. I managed to worm my way through a downgrade to 3.2.1 Everything is working much better now. Including home button, and everything else. :)

My suggestion folks on 2G not to use 4.0.

I'll try 4.0 at the end of the year after I get a 4G.

Thanks for folks feedback

7. liamkp macrumors 68020

liamkp

Glad to help. :)