Home Button/Safari Quit

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mcmarsh, Feb 5, 2009.

1. mcmarsh macrumors newbie

Hi

I just wondered if anyone has any info regarding the iPhone Safari application, specifically whether when the Home Button is pressed does this immediately sever the internet connection?

I have a feeling that it doesn't. The reason I suspect this is that I recently logged onto a website, which I only browsed for about 4 or 5 minutes, after which I pressed the Home Button.
    Approximately 20 minutes later I activated Safari again in order to look up another website. When I did this, the previous site I had visited was displayed immediately rather than slowly reloading as is generally the case when the phone has been switched off.
    I noticed that the website I had previously visited had a "counter" at the top showing how long I had been logged in for: it read 24 minutes.
    I know for a fact that I had only been online at this particular site for a few minutes so I can only surmise that in pressing the Home Button, this does not actually break the internet connection and leaves the iPhone connected to the internet for at least another 20 minutes.
    Any info regarding this would be most helpful as I am in dispute with o2 regarding my data roaming charges. If the iPhone is staying connected for 20 minutes at a time even after pressing the Home Button this would account for the huge charges I have incurred on a few recent trips to France.

Regards

Dean

2. fishmoose macrumors 68000

Your right the only way to close Safari is to open a blank page and then close the tab with a renderd page on. The Spaz discovered that full credit goes to him.