Home Button, should mean home.

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by Cell-666, Sep 12, 2013.

1. Cell-666 macrumors 6502

I'm still on the fence about iOS7, seems to be better suited on a small screen rather the the iPad.
    But, I'm seriously considering ditching my folder groups on my iPad. Two reasons, when pressing the home button to go back to the home screen, I'd rather not have the last folder opened still, full screen, which means everything is one more action away. Home should mean home.
    The second is the folders transparency, I've ended up setting my background as a solid black so that the folder icons are clearer, another reason to go old school and have my apps organised by pages rather than folders.

I hope they tweak the iPad experience!

2. imaginex20 macrumors 65816

imaginex20

worked the same way in iOS 6 buddy

3. ethanlee, Sep 12, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2013

ethanlee macrumors regular

I very much agree about the iPad experience of iOS 7 not up-to-par with the iPhone counterpart (I've tried it on my iPad 2). I don't mind the last folder open part though, was this not the default behavior in iOS 6 as well? You could just swipe down Spotlight and launch the app if you really don't want this behavior.

4. Cell-666 thread starter macrumors 6502

Just looked on my wife's iPad, your both right, but the big difference is you can see your home screen around the open folder. I think have a folder open full screen is the perceived issue. Maybe have a folder only take a quarter on the iPads screen up would be mildly better.

5. bbfc macrumors 68030

bbfc

But what's the point of seeing the home screen around the folder? You still had to close that folder before you could tap anything.

6. Cell-666 thread starter macrumors 6502

As I said, for me it's a perceived issue. Just seems odd having a folder so big on the screen.

7. Ann P macrumors 68020

Anyone know if just tapping the home button will take you home?

8. bbfc macrumors 68030

bbfc

From where? From inside an app - yes. If you have launched an app from a folder then it will take you back to the folder. Another tap will take you home b

9. Ann P macrumors 68020

I meant just by "touching" the home button, not necessarily pressing down on it.

10. bbfc macrumors 68030

bbfc

Nothing happens. It's a button and needs to be pressed.

11. Wormald macrumors regular

Are iOS7 folders on the iPad still 9 icons in a 3x3 (pageable)?

If so, it seems like a waste of space - maybe they should be made 4x4 on iPads instead or something?

12. Sirious macrumors 65816

Sirious

Yes that's correct.

13. VSMacOne macrumors 601

VSMacOne

Are you thinking about the iPhone 5s? I don't think touch is enabled for any purpose other than to scan a print, so touching the button while the phone is unlocked won't do anything. You still have to press it.

14. dasx macrumors 65816

dasx

I'd add that when you open multitask, if I click the home button again it should address me to the springboard right away, if I wanted to go back to my app I'd just tap on it FFS.