Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CADer

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 24, 2007
So I just got my replacement Iphone from a dead pixel among other things and the Home button sticks down! very annoying and it closes every application if the button is stuck down when opened. Is there anything I can do ? besides exchanging it again?

scaredpoet

macrumors 604
Apr 6, 2007
So I just got my replacement Iphone from a dead pixel among other things and the Home button sticks down! very annoying and it closes every application if the button is stuck down when opened. Is there anything I can do ? besides exchanging it again?

The only potential fix I can think of is one that could be destructive to other components: spraying WD40 into the button. So, do not attempt it.

Other than that: take it back.

Wow... I really hope I haven't bought a $600 piece of equipment that's only going to tie me to eternal visits to the Apple store. :rolleyes: Considering the main reason I went tot he Apple Store yesterday was to bring in an iMac for repair, my impulse-buy may not bode well. Heh.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.