Home Button Stopped Working - What Can I Do

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by HelixOmnimedia, Feb 13, 2009.

1. HelixOmnimedia macrumors 6502a

HelixOmnimedia

Hey

Over the last couple of weeks noticed that the home button wasn't responding when I pressed it the first now, and since yesterday it was stopped working all together.

What can I do, its a first generation iPod Touch (got it october 2007), oh it was purchased in the UK but I'm currently working in Orlando until May - don't know if that makes any difference.

Thanks

2. kornyboy macrumors 68000

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5H11 Safari/525.20)

It sounds like you will need to restore the device. I'd plug if into iTunes and run the restore. That should fix it. If it doesn't you will have to get it replaced or repaired.

3. HelixOmnimedia thread starter macrumors 6502a

HelixOmnimedia

Its restoring as I type this message... also literally just found someone else on here how has had the same problems so going to read that post until everything is restored.
    Thanks

4. RKO macrumors 6502

RKO

It's a known hardware fault with the 1st generation touch. Was an issue where Apple replaced under warranty. If you purchased Apple Care extended warranty you will probably get a replacement.

5. HelixOmnimedia thread starter macrumors 6502a

HelixOmnimedia

:( I didn't get the Apple Care extended warranty. So my choice are now either get a new one, or see if someone can fix it?

6. RKO macrumors 6502

RKO

Sorry to hear that but good luck with it anyways.

7. ihabime macrumors 6502

Can you provide a link for this "known fault", because google is only showing a handful of instances and I've only found one other post about it on these forums.

8. RKO macrumors 6502

RKO

Is a known fault simply because I had mine replaced under warranty and Apple Service advised me of the known issue when I telephoned them. Also do a search in these forums and you will find other posts regarding the issue. Also look up the Apple User Forums on the Apple site and do a search and you will find many others. Let your fingers do the walking...........