Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

php111

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 31, 2011
The home button is stuck on my iPhone 4, and its been like that about maybe a month or so and every time I'm getting more pissed off about it and I'm not having patiences for the task bar to come up and even if I wanted too I can't put the phone into DFU.

I purchased this iPhone in July of 2011. I don't have extended warranty and I never had it. The warranty I had is expired and it was good for one year.

What could I do? Are there any free options to fix this? I haven't tried the assistant touch but that is something I don't really want to use. What I'm hoping for is using the main home button. The home button does work but you have to constantly keep pressing it before it does anything. It's like either stuck or maybe a delay. Maybe it would be an easy fix.

I do have an otterbox case. I did take off the case and it works better than with the case on but it's still with a delay or being stuck. I also have a jailbreak that I done using evasi0n.

Thank you,

php111

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 31, 2011
Thank you for letting me know. And there are no other ways to fix this myself without a hardware repair?

jr866gooner

macrumors 68020
Aug 24, 2013
You could take a punt on a local phone repair shop? Some places in the uk do all sorts with that and key cutting etc!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.