Home button tap for volume isn't working...

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by jedisaga, Sep 11, 2009.

1. jedisaga macrumors 6502

jedisaga

All,

I'm not sure if anyone else noticed this or if I'm the only one with this problem but after upgrading my ipod touch to v 3.1.1, I can no longer double-tap the home button at the bottom of the touch to access the quick volume/FF&Rew controls! Is anyone else experiencing this???

jedisaga

2. rls11286 macrumors newbie

YES!! i noticed the same thing, while i was playing a game i double tapped the home button to brign up volume controls (my music was not playing yet) and it brought me to the home screen. i turned on the music, opened my game and did the same thing, and this time it brought up the volume controls. apparently 3.1 software the music has to be playing in order for double tapping the home button to bring up the music controls.

i wish i could go back to the old software, theres basically no difference at all, except for things i dont care about or do not use in the first place, and its really irritating having to exit a game im playing just to turn my music on :mad:

3. iSpaghettiCat macrumors regular

Exactly what I thought. I played a song that I chose from inside the game (Minigore), tried the double click, and STILL brought up the Music app.

I hope Apple puts this back in a 3.1.2 or in 3.2. It's extremely irritating to not be able to control the volume from an application.

4. macsarethebest macrumors regular

I hope you're submitting feedback to apple. ;)

5. iSpaghettiCat macrumors regular

I hope they actually read mine ;)