Home button to lock screen issue?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by stahl7639, Jul 8, 2010.

1. stahl7639 macrumors member

Just wondering if this is a common occurrence with the iPhone.

I just got the iPhone 4 and the only annoyance that I have found thus far is sometimes when the phone is locked and the screen is off, when I press the home button, the screen flickers but nothing pops up on the screen (no unlock screen). I have to press the home button again to get the screen to come on. When this happens, and I unlock the screen, the screen rotation feature doesn’t work. I have to do a hard reset to get this feature back.

Is this common, or am I experiencing something that calls for a trip to the genius bar?

2. Brisby macrumors newbie

I've had the screen flicker issue but haven't experienced the screen rotation problem you mentioned. I believe this has something to do with iOS 4 rather than the phone itself being defective. If the problem is reoccurring at a frequency that is upsetting the usage of the phone I would definitely head to an Apple store and have it checked out.

3. stahl7639 thread starter macrumors member

The problem isn't upsetting the usage of the phone, I just find it odd that it does this. I guess I'll keep an eye on it.

4. stahl7639 thread starter macrumors member

After reading some threads on the screen flicker issue, I think my issue may be a bit different. The majority of the posts I have read state that the screen flickers after pressing the home button and before the unlock screen appears. After I press the home button, the screen flickers, but nothing appears on the screen.

5. drewc1138 macrumors 6502

Try a restore through iTunes before you take it in.