Home button to use with the Pure screen protector

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by bwerner25, Dec 5, 2012.

1. bwerner25 macrumors member

I have the Bodyguardz Pure screen protector installed on my 5 and it's awesome. But the home button stickers that send with the Pure are lacking. I know SGP has some aluminum home buttons that work with their GlasT.R but Bodyguardz doesn't. Has anyone used another home button with the Pure? I've seen Celldeco home buttons but don't know if they'll work with the pure.

2. Nhwhazup macrumors 68000

Nhwhazup

I ordered some Apple logo stickers from eBay and am totally happy. Never felt the need to go metal.

Attached Files:

3. vodavoda macrumors member

4. iproductsuser macrumors 6502a

Are the metal spigen buttons a lot better than their jelly ones? I tried installing a jelly one with my glass.tR and it was slightly off centered and just didn't "click" correctly like the home button should since i'm assuming a tiny bit of the button was on the phone instead of being fully on the home button. Do the metal ones seat and install better/easier so they're fully on the home button?

5. millerhifi macrumors regular

So for all you who have installed both a GlastR or BG Pure glass along with an aluminium home button, what comes first in the install, the home button or the glass? I have a Glas tR installed already but it is slightly skewed at the bottom around the home button so I'm concerned that if I drop an aluminium button now, the fact that the glass is slightly off, it will be even more noticeable once installed. Thinking about starting over even though the glass install is otherwise flawless at this point. Not a single piece of dust between glass and iPhone glass. I have both a new GlastR and a Pure that I can use if I start over.

Also, how are you installing these buttons so that they are perfectly straight as far as the square in the center of the button is concerned? I received a set of the Celldeco buttons and I'm anxious to put one on. :)

TIA

6. vodavoda macrumors member

button first to use it to align glass

use scotch tape(transparent type) and stick over the button. then hover over the home button with the scotch tape and press down once it's perfect.

7. millerhifi macrumors regular

That's sounds like the best process and the one to run with.

How hard is the Glas tR to pull off, if you know?

Thanks

8. vodavoda macrumors member

sorry only used bodyguardz

9. millerhifi macrumors regular

No problem. Thinking about trying one of the BG Pure this go around. Thx

10. michael31986 macrumors 68030

!
    what case is this? i love it!