Home Button Unresponsive after iOS6 upgrade

Discussion in 'iPad' started by eNcrypTioN, Oct 16, 2012.

1. eNcrypTioN macrumors 6502

So my iPad 3 was fine until I upgraded to iOS6. Every once and awhile the home button becomes unresponsive. It seems to happen at least twice a day if not more. Is anyone else having this issue or know of a way to fix this?

I'm 100% sure that this is some kind of software issue...

2. seajewel macrumors 6502

I would imagine it's a hardware issue. This has happened to friends' iphone home buttons quite frequently. In my case, my sleep button on the iPhone became unresponsive over time and now completely does not work. Maybe lint stuck underneath it or something.. at least with the sleep button I can live without it working.

3. Tikatika macrumors 6502

Tikatika

Having the same problem. Don't have a clue how to fix it but glad to hear I'm not alone!

4. Tikatika macrumors 6502

Tikatika

It has happened a lot today :(. I am beginning to suspect the iOS 6 software occasionally fails to differentiate between "home" and SIRI and goes into freeze mode. Just a wild guess but makes sense to me.

5. eNcrypTioN thread starter macrumors 6502

Same here, I wish there was a fix for this.

It seems possible. Maybe I'll try disabling Siri and see what happens... I've got to believe there are more people having this issue. It's a pretty big deal!

6. bettaboy123 macrumors member

I use the multi-touch gestures so my home button gets used maybe once or twice a day, except for Siri (but i dont use her much either, maybe 4-5 times a day). I wouldn't notice it if it was a problem for mine lol. Maybe just use the gestures more instead of the home button so you put less strain on it. More flexible too.

7. Bez59 macrumors regular

A lot of iPhone 4's had problems with the home button and i believe most of them were software related.

Have you tried restoring the iPad as that helped with the iPhone.

Also i think it happened when they were restored and setup from a backup.

8. mrshakeyhandman macrumors newbie

IPhone 4 home button problems was a hardware fault. My iPhone 4 was replaced because of it.
    My ipad is now having problems with the home button. Sometimes I have to press it 4-5 times for it to work! I'll leave it for a month or so then it'll be getting returned to Apple if it persists.