Home Button Won't Minimize Phone Call?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MadDog31, Jun 20, 2009.

1. MadDog31 macrumors 6502a

Question:

I was on a phone call with a friend and wanted to check my notes while on the call. I hit the home button, but the call would not minimize like in the past. It worked for my friend, which makes me wonder if it's a setting I have that's different.

My home button on a double-click is set to open the camera. Also, I tried on both speaker and no speaker to just hit the home button once to minimize the call to no avail.

Am I missing a setting somewhere? I rarely need this feature, but it's nice to have in instances like tonight.

Thank you for your assistance. I hope the increased traffic in this particular forum will reach more readers willing to offer advice.

Ian

2. abijnk macrumors 68040

abijnk

There isn't any kind of setting that should affect this. Did you try that just in the one phone call? Try making another phone call and trying the same thing.

If its still not working power cycle the phone (turn it off, then turn it back on) and try again.

If still not working restore the software, and of course try again.

If its still not working, curse loudly and make a genius bar appointment. :D

3. MadDog31 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Updating this thread. I did a hard reboot and it works now. :)

Thanks for your help, and we can consider this thread SOLVED!

I love this 3GS upgrade.