iPhone 6(S)(+) Home button wont wake up phone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Dsaulen0902, Mar 11, 2018.

1. Dsaulen0902 macrumors newbie

Dsaulen0902

I had a 6S+ Given to me with a cracked digitizer, so I replaced it. The touch ID and the raise to wake sensor do not work now, (they didn't before the fix) as well as pushing the home button does not wake the phone I have to push the power button then the home button to wake the phone. The digitizer had been replaced before and I KNOW the home button is not the original one so I am aware that the touch ID is now not fixable... So my question is what is the likelihood of just needing a new home button, to fix the wake issue and the raise to wake or does it need a sensor or some thing else thanks in advance for any help

2. Volusia macrumors 6502

Volusia

Try cleaning the button and the area immediately around it with the highest percentage alcohol you can find. My wife's iPad mini had a home button that wasn't working. I found that she usually had it with her while getting ready to go out and had sprayed hair spray while doing so. I cleaned it thoroughly with 91%alcohol and Q-tips (remember, don't put them in your ear canal!). Took a few times of doing this, but finally got it to work. Good luck

3. Dsaulen0902 thread starter macrumors newbie

Dsaulen0902

4. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

If you live near an Apple Store, you can take it and they will run tests on it for free, and tell you what needs to be replaced. That will give you the ability to determine if you can do the work yourself, and if it is financially worth the parts and time to do so.

5. akash.nu macrumors 604

akash.nu

Would Apple do anything given the OP has already replaced parts with non Apple items?

6. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

They probably won’t repair, but he will know what needs to be replaced.

7. SurajP macrumors newbie

SurajP

Hey… I have replaced my iPhone 6+’s display, and I really got stunned to see my Home button don’t wake up the phone. I have tried few times but did get any solution. Any tips?