home button

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by efk, Jan 19, 2011.

1. efk macrumors newbie

i think my home button is broken or something lol i have to press it over9000 times for it to work and idk what to do :( help kthx

2. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

3. efk thread starter macrumors newbie

theyll look at my apps and stuff and see that its jailbroken plus its got a watermark :/

4. NYR99 macrumors 6502a

Well, I would go into iTunes, back up your iPhone. Then grab a pen and some paper and go into Cydia and write down all of your installed packages. Then restore the iPhone via iTunes.

Next, make an appointment at your local Apple Store and see what they say. Take your chances with the "watermark" (which I am assuming is a tripped water sensor).

5. vabunuc macrumors member

I had the same problem with my old 3G. the home button has these two little fragile pins that send the signal that the button was pushed. Mine broke off, i had to open my phone, and i used little pieces of foil to bridge the connection. worked like a charm until i upgraded to the 4.

If your out of warrenty, or want a new home button to install i recomend a web site http://www.ubreakifix.com/
    you can send your phone out, or order the part for a little DIY.

6. efk thread starter macrumors newbie

how do you open the phone and do the foil thing cuz i dont have a warranty lol never bothered buying one i forgot :p and i dont feel like spending more money

7. efk thread starter macrumors newbie

i just checked youtube and the dude took apart the phone....i will never know which screw to to put where after i take them out lol

8. superstrikertwo macrumors 65816

superstrikertwo

If you have an iPhone 4 it is still under warranty. Warranty's come with the phone at no extra charge.

9. jetblk328i macrumors 6502

I would still take it to apple, after you restore it.

10. Mabyboi macrumors 6502

Mabyboi

Restore the phone and take it to apple, JUST talk about the home button and nothing else. My friend accidentally spilt vodka all over his iphone 4, the home button started sticking and you could see the 30-pin water sensor was tripped, he walked in and only spoke about the home button saying it was sticking.. The Genius looked at the phone, teste the home button, didnt even check the water sensors, and replaced the phone on the spot.

11. Pink∆Floyd macrumors 68020

Pink∆Floyd

Just back up on iTunes and then take the iPhone to Apple. If you're lucky, they'll replace it, just be as honest and respectful as possible :)