Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

anlarye

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 18, 2019
This is on an iPhone 8 Plus. Sometimes when I attempt to get the cards showing running apps and close them I get this instead (see attached screenshot). But I cant figure out why it shows up or even what its purpose is .. any clues?

2019-03-18 18.38.45.png

AxlTJ

macrumors regular
Aug 3, 2018
That happens when you "double tap" on the home button. You should "double press" on the home button to show the apps currently running on the device.

I'm not so sure but I think the purpose of that is to bring down the apps from the top of the phone so you can access it when using only one hand.

Reactions: theapplehead

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
That happens when you "double tap" on the home button. You should "double press" on the home button to show the apps currently running on the device.

I'm not so sure but I think the purpose of that is to bring down the apps from the top of the phone so you can access it when using only one hand.
Yup, that's basically it. It's called Reachability. It can also be disabled in accessibility settings, if desired.

Reactions: theapplehead
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.