Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chargit

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 17, 2010
Evansville, In
can someone tell me how the home button goes in the second generation touch? I am replacing the digitizer, new mid frame cause the old one was broke. it doesnt seem to want to stay so I put a little 3m adhesive like you use to install the digitizer and now I cant feel the click.....

I have never messed with a touch before. probably my last!!

any help would be appreciated!

never mind Im an idiot!!! I forgot the digitizer will hold it in place.....lol

tadad1

macrumors 6502a
Oct 20, 2008
When I replaced my 2G digitizer there were five plastic pins that mounted the home button to the midframe, after sliding the home button component onto the pins I heated the tip of a small screwdriver and gently melted\flattened the tips of the pins so that they held the home button in place which was basically the same way it was originally mounted.

chargit

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 17, 2010
Evansville, In
#1 I appreciate your reply
#2 you are talking about the back and I am talking about the actual button on the front. I figured out that the tabs on each end of the button are held in place when you mount the digitizer to the frame.

#3 now, when you melted the tabs does that not prevent the button from making contact with the board underneath?

also, when I got it all figured out and was putting it back together I could not get my fingers in the plug in the digitizer connector and I ended up ripping it! so now I have to get a new digitizer!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.