Home/End keys on Mac

rmlloyd

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 27, 2007
I have a Logitech keyboard which has 'Home' and 'End' keys on it. However they don't behave as I would expect, i.e. they don't return the cursor to the beginning or end of a line of text.

Does anyone know how to program these keys or get them to behave like they should?

I know :apple: + <- or :apple: + -> does the same but it would be cool to actually use the keys the keyboard was supplied with.

Thanks in advance for any help.

wordmunger

macrumors 603
Sep 3, 2003
North Carolina
I have a Logitech keyboard which has 'Home' and 'End' keys on it. However they don't behave as I would expect, i.e. they don't return the cursor to the beginning or end of a line of text.

Does anyone know how to program these keys or get them to behave like they should?

I know :apple: + <- or :apple: + -> does the same but it would be cool to actually use the keys the keyboard was supplied with.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Home and end take you to the beginning and end of a document, not a line. This is true on all Apple keyboards (I don't know about Logitech).

rmlloyd

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 27, 2007
thanks for the replies

thanks for the replies.

I have moved over from the PC to the MAC (gladly) and keeping finding niggling things like this, which I will have to get used to.

I tried the logitech control center, only allows you to program the media buttons etc. not any of the standard keys.