Home Inventory Software

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by cuencap, Oct 28, 2012.

1. cuencap macrumors regular

Hello All - I've looked all over the app store, and have tried a few different apps. However, none of them do the seamingly simple task that I would like to do:

I would like to create a home inventory, have it accessible online, and (most importantly), be able to access the product manuals with my iPad.

Do any of you know of an app/software, or an online service that will do this? Free would be nice, but perhaps that's why I haven't found one I love yet....!

2. Broph macrumors 6502

Broph

I suggest dropbox.

You can type up a text file (on your computer or iPad), and it will be there across all your devices.

You can even upload video to it, if you'd rather take home inventory that way.

They have an iPad app, it's all very simple to use.

www.dropbox.com

3. cuencap thread starter macrumors regular

I'm looking for something more specific to keeping track of household items (model / make / price / date / etc). I like the thought of Dropbox, since it's cross-platform functionality is great; however, I'm looking for something more regimented towards home inventories. Thanks though!

4. Cougarcat macrumors 604

By far the slickest looking is Delicious Library, though I don't know if you can upload manuals. There's no iPad app (there was an iPhone app but it got pulled because of a dispute with Amazon) but there's a web export option.