Home Inventory

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by jjk454ss, Jul 23, 2011.

1. jjk454ss macrumors 601

jjk454ss

I am looking for the best way to make an inventory of items in my home. I have seen apps that allow you to make an inventory, add pictures, serial numbers, etc. I am not worried about the price, if its worth it. But looking at the options it looks like I could spend a decent amount of money if I just start trying them myself. Any suggestions? Thanks

I'd definitely want the app to have some sort of export function, preferably a way to backup/restore.

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

There is an app called "Home Inventory" that would probably suit your needs. You can enter data about an item from the web interface and then upload a picture from your iPhone.

3. jjk454ss thread starter macrumors 601

jjk454ss

Thanks, I looked at that one. I am hoping to get some feedback from some people who haves used some of these apps before I buy something.

4. jmomo macrumors newbie

Lockboxer as your home inventory solution

There is a website that just launched, Lockboxer, that helps you put together a home inventory fast. It uses Google Product Search to fuel it so you can record items really fast and have a visually appealing record of all the photos of your home. You can also use Lockboxer to sell and donate directly from your home inventory so it helps you manage your stuff. Smartphone applications and iPad applications are coming soon for Lockboxer but they don't have these yet. As a matter of full disclosure I'm the founder of the website so if you have any questions or feedback, I'd love to hear from you!

5. jjk454ss thread starter macrumors 601

jjk454ss

I will check it out. I am a sucker for iPhone apps though, so hopefully one will be released soon;).

6. GraceMolloy macrumors regular

GraceMolloy

My wife and I use the "home inventory" app and associated iPhone attachment and it works really well. Especially if you have the box for an item you can just scan the UPC and it pulls down all the info. Works like a charm.

- via iPhone

7. jjk454ss thread starter macrumors 601

jjk454ss

Thanks, this is what I am leaning towards using, but the reviews aren't the greatest.