Home/lock buttons not working?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by 3Flames, Jul 28, 2011.

1. 3Flames macrumors newbie

I made an awful slip up today, and resulted in dropping my iPod touch in the sea. Strangely, I can see no water damage - the colours are perfectly fine, I can play music and adjust the volume perfectly fine, and I can play apps and move around the springboard - the touch controls are unchanged.

Both the home and lock buttons are completely unresponsive though; at first, the home button would act like I had held/double pressed it, but now nothing happens at all.

What can I do? I live in a rural area, and have never even seen an apple store - it'd be an extremely long drive to get to any city that's even likely to have one. Am I completely screwed?

It's frustrating because otherwise the iPod works fine, and its been submerged in water/thrown against a wall (accidentally!) before, and never had this problem.

Anything I can do, or do I have to fork out another £200-300?

2. likethesoup2 macrumors 6502a

Sounds like you need to petition Apple (or some third party) to provide insurance for your device, as it sounds like you have real problems taking care of it.

With that said, I've had friends who've had luck with submerging electronic devices in rice after they've gotten wet. So that may be your best bet. Think days here.

Otherwise, yes, I'd say you'll most likely be forking out more $$$$ . . .