Home monitoring

Discussion in 'iMac' started by applepackard, Jun 27, 2012.

1. applepackard, Jun 27, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2012

applepackard macrumors newbie

1) Is there a company that sells Home Monitoring (spying) equipment for iMacs?

My issue is this: Recently it has become necessary to monitor our home and children from outside of our home. We want to know if our children are refusing to let in other children (an adults) when we are working and not home. We have begun to find property missing. We need to find out who is possessing it and put a stop to it.

2) Can I monitor inside my home's many rooms using my Apple products as a DVR? If so, where can I buy this equipment and how do I get it running? Can my iMac be used secretly as a covert monitor of what is happening in the room? :apple:

Michael
    Baltimore-Washington Metro Area

2. robgendreau macrumors 68030

Lucky you...Evocam is on sale today at mupromo.com.

Setting up the surveillance is a bit of a pain, however. You need access to your home LAN, and either webcams running at all times, or preferably IP netcams.

There are ways to use your iMac's built in isight; you can do that with Evocam and have it upload somewhere, or access it from an iOS device. It doesn't turn your mac into a DVR per se, so you have to cobble something together.

And I hope they don't steal the iMac while you're gone....

Rob

3. BSoares macrumors regular

I got the email from mupromo this morning and thought of this topic, that's why I came here to post :)

4. Imaginethe macrumors regular

This topic appears (unusually fonted/coloured for the forum), then people start receiving e-mails about a product which does exactly what the op has asked.....

I maybe wrong, and I apologise if so. But timing is a wonderful thing.

5. BSoares macrumors regular

Coincidence... This topic is a few days old, when I got this email this morning I remember seeing this topic and at the time I had no idea something could do it but then I saw something that said it does. I can't say it's a good or bad product, never used it nor do I plan to. I would use something more concealed and less desirable. A computer is one of the first things a thief will take.