Home movies disappeared

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by bearcatrp, Apr 25, 2015.

1. bearcatrp macrumors 68000

Updated to v 12 a little bit ago. My home movies were they playing fine but would not allow me to import anymore. Thinking it was some bug, I removed all (not delete) and tried to re import them (500+) back into itunes. WRONG. Home movies disappeared and cannot import any ripped movies. My other movies from digital copies are there though. Did apple change something to import home movies or did apple stop allowing ripped movies? About ready to move over to roku 3.

2. cynics macrumors G4

I've still been successfully using the drag and drop method to import my rips.

I generally just rip them to the desktop and drag and drop into iTunes. They will go into home movies then I just sort them to My Movies.

Sorry I'm not much help but as far as I can tell you can still use ripped movies.

3. bearcatrp thread starter macrumors 68000

have read that tip but didn't work for me. Might just move the folder, uninstall, reinstall and pray it works. If not, Roku 3 will be my next streamer.

4. bearcatrp, Apr 26, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2015

bearcatrp thread starter macrumors 68000

Have reinstalled 3 times, moved everything around, created new folders so dates match up on fresh install. Nothing is working. Once I find a replacement, will rid myself of apple's BS and sell my last ATV.

Disregard. Figured it out.

5. mgipe macrumors demi-god

mgipe

What was the solution?

6. bearcatrp thread starter macrumors 68000

Put itunes on another computer. Still don't know why but pulled the hard drive and put it in my other system and installed itunes. Seemed like apple pulled support for ripped movies but after many others have said no problems, I switched systems after 2 days of attempted fixes. Oh well. This will keep me going until I find another solution for streaming. Had enough of Apple's BS after every upgrade.

7. mgipe macrumors demi-god

mgipe

Bizarre. Thanks for the uplate. I'm glad you were able to fix it, even if the true cause is still a mystery.