home movies to mac...HELP!!! PLEASE

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by erin146, Mar 1, 2011.

1. erin146, Mar 1, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2011

erin146 macrumors newbie

I'm trying to get my mac to recognize and play a home movie recorded in my dvd recorder (copied from vhs tape...copied from 8mm). I've tried a few vro converters and they don't recognized the files on the dvd. I am not a computer savvy person so any help you can give me will be greatly appreciated. I've included a screen shot of the files for the movie (hope it shows up). Thanks in advance for any help.
    [​IMG]

2. simsaladimbamba

3. erin146 thread starter macrumors newbie

4. simsaladimbamba

I have never seen .vro files on video DVDs (.ifo is the menu, .bup is the backup of .ifo), but a quick research showed it happens on DVD-RAM media and MPEG Streamclip can transcode it properly, therefore go to www.squared5.com and download MPEG Streamclip, open the .vro file in there and transcode it to a .mov (QuickTime) using the Apple Intermediate Codec (AIC - the size will be bigger, 13GB/hr) and then use Burn to make another video DVD with it.

5. erin146 thread starter macrumors newbie

THANK YOU!!!!!!! I really do appreciate your help.

6. erin146 thread starter macrumors newbie

Worked like a charm...thank you for all of your help! :)

7. simsaladimbamba

I send you my PayPal data shortly, with the appropriate bill send to your home. Just send me your address, credit card data, star sign and your favourite TJ Hooker episode and we should be good to go.

Glad it worked though, sometimes I just spout things out of my mouth not even knowing what I write. It is all guesswork anyway.
    ;)

(Note: for those reading this and not knowing what sarcasm is, please don't use the REPORT button, unless you feel it is necessary.)