Home Page Suggestion

iriejedi

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 4, 2000
Nor Cal
I wanted to make a site suggestiion

In a mini window on the front page, can you display the Mac Romors pole question results? :)

Or change the 'You've already voted!' message to one that sounds a little [EDIT: LESS] accusatory of voter fraud. :p

:eek:

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
Posting the results would probably give people one less reason to vote (albeit small) which in the name of data collection is a bit of a downer. :(

iriejedi

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 4, 2000
Nor Cal
mad jew said:
Posting the results would probably give people one less reason to vote (albeit small) which in the name of data collection is a bit of a downer. :(

Good Point - as a MBA student in marketing I like to follow the progress of surveys/poles as they evolve - but each time I read the 'message' I always feel like I'm being accused to wanting to double vote and throw the election. :p

I know the intention is not that. Maybe since the site logs the IP address to determine this fact, maybe it is not needed? :rolleyes:

Now if I had had my coffee this morning... I'd suggest an animated version that shows the results in time laspe form so you can evaluate any trends of people who respond.... :D

tech4all

macrumors 68040
Jun 13, 2004
NorCal
iriejedi said:
Or change the 'You've already voted!' message to one that sounds a little accusatory of voter fraud. :p
You know whenever I see a message like that with a "!" on the internet or somewhere, I feel like they're mad and yelling at me. Like I'm being scolded :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.