Home Question, Foundation

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by canes960, Jan 26, 2010.

1. canes960 macrumors 6502

How much does it cost to get a foundation repaired. It is cracked. How about mold. I am looking at a house and the estimate was 15,000 to get the mold out. Can you really get all of the mold out even if it is in the wood?

2. Ttownbeast macrumors 65816

If it is IN the wood the lumber might most likely have to be replaced the only good way to get rid of mold is a complete tear down removal and replacement of the affected areas entire walls may have to be replaced--you cannot just paint over mold and expect it to go away even with sealants like Killz or other brands because the mold will still be there growing inside the walls. As far as foundations go repairing cracks is possible in minor cases with an epoxy but if the problem is more than a few minor cracks from years of settling it could require jacking up the entire structure and replacing large sections of the foundation or the entire thing. I couldn't give you an estimat because I don't know the extent of the damage it is best if you contact a local home inspector to figure out exactly what is wrong with the home and get bids from local contractors with reputable business licenses and decent customer histories.

3. canes960 thread starter macrumors 6502

I'm not sure if it is in the wood. But I'm not sure

4. Ttownbeast macrumors 65816

If any mold is seen on the surface the drywall will have to be torn off no doubt then if it is in the wood the studs must go definitely find yourself a competent home inspector to start with or face the possible long term medical ramifications...mold is some serious **** to deal with structurally and healthwise