Home screen 3D Touch now throttled?

Discussion in 'iOS 12' started by 840quadra, Oct 9, 2018.

1. 840quadra Moderator

840quadra

Staff Member

One thing that I have noticed, and dislike about iOS 12, is that 3D Touch is now really slow on springboard (AKA iOS Launcher) on all of my devices. For years it was faster to 3D Touch a contextual menu on iOS than it was to long press a similar menu on my Android devices.

Sadly this is no longer the case on my iPhone 7 since iOS 12, or Xs Max since new. Not a super big deal, however it makes the interface feel slower, and takes away some of the benefit of having 3D Touch on the home screen.

Anyone else notice this?

2. ZEEN0j macrumors 65816

ZEEN0j

Now that you mention it I feel there’s a tiny fraction of a delay before it starts sensing force.

But I’ve also noticed getting into wiggle mode has been easier. I’ve had no accidental 3D Touch presses. Maybe that’s why or maybe it’s just a bug

3. Mlrollin91 macrumors G5

Mlrollin91

Hadn’t really thought much or noticed it until your post. Now it’s driving me insane! Definitely a delay that wasn’t there on iOS 11. I wonder if it has something to do with the XR not having 3D Touch.

4. Kenjancef macrumors regular

5. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 603

Knowlege Bomb

I don't use 3D Touch on my homescreen.... ever. Never would have noticed this but I love the change as I've always been irritated at how easy it was to start the invocation when trying to just move an icon.

6. BugeyeSTI macrumors 68030

BugeyeSTI

7. Kram Sacul macrumors 6502

Kram Sacul

No change on my X but I don’t go around poking my screen forcefully. Touch and apply pressure.

8. imagineadam macrumors 65816

I noticed the delay when updating from iOS 10 on my 7 to iOS 11 and continues with iOS 12.

9. simplynando macrumors 6502

simplynando

Have you tried lowering the 3D touch sensitivity in the Accessibility settings? Not sure if it'll make a difference or not, just curious. I always have mine set to "Light" because I feel like it required too much pressure otherwise.

10. Mr$tone macrumors 6502

This lag started after beta 7 of iOS 12 and has never since returned to how super smooth it was before.

Truly sad, and I agree with you—it takes away some of the benefit of having 3D Touch.
    --- Post Merged, Oct 13, 2018 ---
    No, it has no effect on the lag, but besides that it’s a great tip to change that setting :)