Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

840quadra

Original poster
Staff member
Feb 1, 2005
Twin Cities Minnesota
One thing that I have noticed, and dislike about iOS 12, is that 3D Touch is now really slow on springboard (AKA iOS Launcher) on all of my devices. For years it was faster to 3D Touch a contextual menu on iOS than it was to long press a similar menu on my Android devices.

Sadly this is no longer the case on my iPhone 7 since iOS 12, or Xs Max since new. Not a super big deal, however it makes the interface feel slower, and takes away some of the benefit of having 3D Touch on the home screen.

Anyone else notice this?

Reactions: Sdtrent

ZEEN0j

macrumors 68000
Sep 29, 2014
Now that you mention it I feel there’s a tiny fraction of a delay before it starts sensing force.

But I’ve also noticed getting into wiggle mode has been easier. I’ve had no accidental 3D Touch presses. Maybe that’s why or maybe it’s just a bug

Reactions: Belvoire

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
Hadn’t really thought much or noticed it until your post. Now it’s driving me insane! Definitely a delay that wasn’t there on iOS 11. I wonder if it has something to do with the XR not having 3D Touch.

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors G4
Feb 14, 2008
US
I don't use 3D Touch on my homescreen.... ever. Never would have noticed this but I love the change as I've always been irritated at how easy it was to start the invocation when trying to just move an icon.

simplynando

macrumors 6502
Aug 15, 2016
Las Vegas, Nevada
Have you tried lowering the 3D touch sensitivity in the Accessibility settings? Not sure if it'll make a difference or not, just curious. I always have mine set to "Light" because I feel like it required too much pressure otherwise.

Mr$tone

macrumors 6502
Oct 25, 2017
One thing that I have noticed, and dislike about iOS 12, is that 3D Touch is now really slow on springboard (AKA iOS Launcher) on all of my devices. For years it was faster to 3D Touch a contextual menu on iOS than it was to long press a similar menu on my Android devices.

Sadly this is no longer the case on my iPhone 7 since iOS 12, or Xs Max since new. Not a super big deal, however it makes the interface feel slower, and takes away some of the benefit of having 3D Touch on the home screen.

Anyone else notice this?
This lag started after beta 7 of iOS 12 and has never since returned to how super smooth it was before.

Truly sad, and I agree with you—it takes away some of the benefit of having 3D Touch.
[doublepost=1539438397][/doublepost]
Have you tried lowering the 3D touch sensitivity in the Accessibility settings? Not sure if it'll make a difference or not, just curious. I always have mine set to "Light" because I feel like it required too much pressure otherwise.
No, it has no effect on the lag, but besides that it’s a great tip to change that setting :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.