Home Screen in iTunes is different

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iMatt., Nov 17, 2010.

1. iMatt. macrumors 6502

I'll cut to the chase.

I haven't had sync apps checked, but when i click it in iTunes, the home screen in iTunes is different to my iPhone home screen layout. There are apps missing (because I haven't synced) and the layout is wrong.

Is there anyway to sync so that the apps go from my iphone to itunes and overwrite them rather than the other way round?

2. jas1973 macrumors 6502

Sync your phone it will save your screen layout from your phone not the other way around

3. iMatt. thread starter macrumors 6502

Can anyone else confirm this? When I tick the box to sync apps, the usage bar drops at the bottom from where it would appear to delete some apps off of my iPhone.

4. whathesaid macrumors regular

have you transferred your purchases? that way they will be in the list of apps, but not neccessarily ticked, thats what happened when I did it recently. When I synced some of them were removed from the phone, but I had a look through the list of apps they were in the list, so I just ticked them all and resynced.

5. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

best thing to do is untick the apps box which is reducing the space allocated to apps on device. right click your device in iTunes then click transfer purchases.

unplug the device after transfers are done, plug it back in and see if it still does the same.

did you by chance sync your apps to device from another PC?

6. iMatt. thread starter macrumors 6502

Yeah I think I synced it on my work Mac Mini...had to download FIFA11 on iTunes as it was nearly 1GB.