Home screen jitter

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sunking101, Feb 11, 2015.

1. sunking101 macrumors 603

sunking101

This doesn't happen very often, I probably see it once per day, but does anyone else notice their home screen 'jitter' every once in a while? I notice it out of the corner of my eye when my phone is left alone and the home screen is still illuminated. I often let the screen auto shut off and I expect that if you don't do this, then you won't see the 'bug'. It doesn't occur during use at all.

When I say 'jitter' I mean that the icons seem to momentarily disappear and then come back in a split second. There are no event logs immediately after this has happened...

2. Newtons Apple, Feb 11, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2015

Newtons Apple macrumors G5

Newtons Apple

My iPhone 6+ sits in front of me, on my desk, about 4 hours a day and I always let the phone go back to sleep. I have never seen this "jitter" or had the icons "blink" in months of use.

3. MattMJB0188 macrumors 68000

MattMJB0188

The OP must be using an iPhone 6 or 6 Plus. Hahaha

4. sunking101 thread starter macrumors 603

sunking101

Cool. Mine does it and with all the other bugs I'm still not sure if this is an iOS8 issue or a hardware fault.

5. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Why are you doing this as this wastes battery? Always a good habit to sleep the device when you're finished using it, and this also prevents pocket dialing (when pocketing it while still awake).

6. Newtons Apple macrumors G5

Newtons Apple

If I am holstering my phone, I put it to sleep before. I am talking about it being on my desk for hours while using it on and off while running my business. Much of this time it is plugged in so I am not concerned about the battery.

7. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

That makes a lot more sense.

8. lordofthereef macrumors G4

lordofthereef

I don't know that I have veer seen this either.

9. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

I don't think I have seen this either. OP, can you make a video and post it?

10. sunking101 thread starter macrumors 603

sunking101

Not really, considering that I see it a max of once per day, that I can't recreate it at will, and that it lasts barely a second...
    I no way am I complaining about this as it seems to cause no issues, I was just curious if anyone else has seen it.