Home screen organizer app

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by akadmon, Nov 29, 2008.

1. akadmon macrumors 68010

OK, so I got an iPhone yesterday and by midnight I managed to fill up 5+ pages of my home screen. Now I know I can organize apps by dragging them from screen to screen, but that's not really ideal, since I will always wind up with a mix of app types on every screen (plus I may have to swipe a few times to get to the right screen). Does any one know of an app that allows one to organize apps by category (e.g., games, utilities, etc.)? I would love to be able to have a custom icon on the first screen that would take me to another screen containing related apps.

2. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    You are describing the *jailbroken* app categories. You make categories and can put whatever apps you want inside those categories and don't have to have them on your main home screen. But that is only for jailbroken phones.

3. akadmon thread starter macrumors 68010

Wow, the need for this functionality is so obvious that I'm really shocked Apple has not allowed an official third party app into the app store. In fact, I am flabbergasted that Apple has not built it into the OS! :eek: