Home Security app DEVELOPER

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by kendrickjoey, Nov 6, 2014.

1. kendrickjoey macrumors newbie

Hi Guys,

I'm attempting to develop a new home security app- downloading stuff on the market at the moment is pretty poor!! If there are any features you think are really important or any pet peeves let me know- I'll integrate what people ACTUALLY want and put something out there.

2. mvmanolov macrumors 6502a

Can you explain what you mean by a home security app?

3. kendrickjoey thread starter macrumors newbie

Sure. One that gives you the ability to control your IP cameras- pan, tilt, zoom, view a feed etc. But what else would you want? What features would be cool that other apps don't currently have? Let me know!

4. mvmanolov macrumors 6502a

i see,

how about facial recognition connected to bluetooth door locking mechanism. to create two step verification, for your home.

So for example, the bluetooth door lock will first check the facial recognition capture of the camera and compare it to a pre-existing database before it authenticates unlocking of home?

5. kendrickjoey thread starter macrumors newbie

Great! Keep them coming. Sure this will be a great feature to have in the future. But any other things to improve the interface of the app at the moment- like your opinions on storing data, a live feed vs. multiple snapshots of an event, notifications? What other things do you see important?

And for watching pets/babies/your home in general, are there any specific features you feel would suit these areas- we could make part of the app customisable for different users- keep the ideas/opinions coming!

6. glenthompson macrumors 68000

glenthompson

I currently use the Nexia system and have been fairly pleased with it. I currently the following equipment connected: door locks, web cams, light switches, appliance modules, thermostat, water heater.

Things I like about it:
    • iPhone and iPad access
    • SMS alerts
    • Works with most Z-wave devices

these are some of the mininum features.