Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mtbmtb

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 22, 2011
I have been having issues getting my ATV2 to Home Share and noticed that in iTunes when I click Advanced and click Turn On Home Share then Home Sharing shows in the left hand column. When I click Done and close that window, the Home Share then goes away from the column, which must mean I am no longer connected? How do I stay connected? I have set up iTunes on my old computer and still have the same issue. I cannot get the Remote App on my iPhone or my ATV2 to connect at all. Please Help! Thanks in advance!

marzer

macrumors 65816
Nov 14, 2009
Colorado
Do you have other iTune libraries on the network? If you only have one iTunes library on the network, the home sharing heading goes away. No point in showing itself. If there are other iTunes libraries on the network that are enabled for home sharing, that heading would remain and show the other libraries.

As for the ATV2 and remote app, are you using the same iTunes ID to turn on home sharing on those devices? The one you used on your computer's iTunes?

mtbmtb

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 22, 2011
I have my account on one computer and my account and my wife's on the other computer. I was using the same ID for the ATV2, remote app and itunes account. After that failed I tried switching all to my wife's account and still didn't work. I sent up the 2nd computer after not being able to set up the main computer.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.