home sharing and wi-fi sync are jokes

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by jnachbar, Oct 1, 2014.

1. jnachbar macrumors member

Homeshare - My iPhone 6 iOS8.02 will not load my library in the Music or video app. The circle will fill about halfway then it just sits there. The homeshare shows up on my other mac so I know it is on....

W-Fi sync - My iPhone 6 will not show up in iTunes unless it is plugged directly into the computer.

This feels so 2008, like I just bought a $750 iPod to plug into my computer and only have access to that one iTunes library.

I have spent many hours reading and trying the many suggestions and none of them work...

Friday is two weeks since it was delivered on launch day, seriously considering paying the $35 restocking fee and tying something else...I'm a mac guy for years but this is my first iPhone, thinking about going back to android.

2. itsOver9000 macrumors 6502

itsOver9000

Home Sharing on iOS (7 and 8) devices for me has been rather hit or miss. I have the same issue, the circle fills up halfway or so and stops. I tested it out once to see if it would ever finish connecting to my iTunes library, I think it was about 22 minutes before it finally did. Sometimes it connects much quicker. Videos usually take awhile to load, but the Home Sharing through the Music app is usually pretty quick.

I read on another forum somewhere that force rebooting the iPad (hold down sleep/wake and home buttons until it reboots) fixes the slow Home Sharing. It hasn't helped me. Somewhere else I read said it had something to do with how iOS 7 (and now also 8) parses the iTunes library file and to wait for Apple to (maybe) fix it...

My other Mac loads up my Home Shared library nearly instantly, so I've just started using that or loading some videos directly on my iPad.

3. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

wifi iTunes sync works for me

iPhone 6 running 8.0.2