Home Sharing issue plus other things.

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by bigpoppamac31, May 21, 2016.

1. bigpoppamac31 macrumors 68000

Okay so I have TVOS 9.2.1 and now I cannot use Home Sharing through the "Computer" App on the Apple TV. I have to go into the "Music" folder to access and play my music. When I go into the "Computer" App it tells me to turn on home sharing which it already is. I turn it off and back on and nothing changes. Anyone else having this issue?

Also in the "Music" App on the Apple TV it doesn't seem to show all my music files. For example on my Mac I have 66 songs by Danny Elfman. But on my ATV in the Music App it only shows 22. Why would it be different?

Also I keep having to change my remote volume settings. I want it to control the volume of my surround receiver and I can set it to do so. But after a little while it reverts to "auto" or "TV" and it will control my tv's volume instead. All these issues have just come up after the latest tvOS update.

Also how do I edit the Airplay list in iTunes?? The "Apple TV" one doesn't work.

Screen Shot 2016-05-21 at 11.51.59 PM.png

2. bigpoppamac31 thread starter macrumors 68000

3. pjarvi macrumors 65816

pjarvi

Google for how to restart the mDNSresponder service on the computer, (requires running a terminal command), that is the bonjour service which Home Sharing relies on. After restarting that service on the computer, restart the AppleTV and it should see your computer.