Home sharing not updating iTunes play count/ratings.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Komentra, Mar 9, 2011.

1. Komentra macrumors member

I got the latest version of iTunes (10.2.1) and have iOS 4.3 GM installed on my iPod Touch 4g and Home Sharing is working fantastic however I've noticed whenever I rate a song on the iPod touch it doesn't carry over to iTunes nor does play counts.

Anyone know why this is and how I can fix it? I even have this checked: http://screencast.com/t/qzSvdLiR1Tc

2. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

3. Komentra thread starter macrumors member

Yes.

4. Komentra thread starter macrumors member

Not sure if this helps at all but I noticed this: http://screencast.com/t/m94eeLlGvp

It says that no users are connected even though I am connected and listening to music right now from my iPod.

5. YMark macrumors 6502a

YMark

Once upon a time....... I read that song ratings and play counts are not transferred between device and iTunes.

This may have since been changed, but I haven't heard or read that.

6. Komentra thread starter macrumors member

I'm not so sure about ratings but play counts are suppose to since there is a option for turning it on within iTunes as seen above.

7. CrackedButter macrumors 68040

CrackedButter

Is Home Sharing only available for iPhone 4? It doesn't show up on my iPhone 3GS.

8. Komentra thread starter macrumors member

You need to upgrade to iOS 4.3 which just officially came out today.

9. CrackedButter, Mar 9, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2011

CrackedButter macrumors 68040

CrackedButter

Assume I downloaded and installed it and entered my information in the relevant areas on my iPad (now it's updated) and iTunes.

Now what?

EDIT: It's okay I figured it out. Thanks anyway.

10. Komentra thread starter macrumors member

I had iOS 4.3 GM but thought maybe there was a issue with it and just restored my iPod with the official 4.3 release and that didn't seem to rectify the problem. :(

11. phairphan macrumors 6502a

phairphan

Same problem here. From the looks of the Apple support forum, there are a few others experiencing the same problem (although there aren't many posts, and I think one of those is yours). Looks like Apple has some wrinkles to iron out of 10.2.1. or 4.3.

12. Komentra thread starter macrumors member

Yep one of those posts is mine and it certainly seems as if it's a bug. Hopefully they remedy it sooner, kind of a weird bug to make it through to release.

13. phairphan, Mar 10, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2011

phairphan macrumors 6502a

phairphan

Just noticed this was in the iPod touch forum. To clarify, I'm experiencing the problem on an iPhone 4 and an iPad. We can determine it's not product specific. :)

14. metalboy4 macrumors newbie

I am having same issue, iPhone 4, homesharing not playcounts. Tried Windows 7 and an XP machine as well with all the latest software. Has anyone been able to confirm that it is working for someone or is this really a bug. I can't really believe that released it with this failure.

15. Komentra thread starter macrumors member

I have a topic about this over on the apple forums and not a single person is confirming that this works.
    Tried it on OS X & Windows and nada.

16. metalboy4 macrumors newbie

What thread is it?

17. gakuran hitori macrumors regular

gakuran hitori

Has anyone been able to get this to work? I thought it might be a bug but it wasn't fixed even in the latest version. My itunes library is located on my iMac and I'm streaming from my Macbook Pro. It's not updating playcounts on the iMac even though the box is checked.