Home sharing on iOS 6

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by guitarmandp, Dec 1, 2012.

1. guitarmandp macrumors 6502

I upgraded my two iPod touches to iOS 6. My iPad mini came stock with iOS 6. Home Sharing was working perfectly on iOS 5. It has tons of bugs on iOS 6

It pulls up all of my songs and I can browse by song, playlist, and genre but nothing shows up when I click on artits, album, or composer. Occasionally it will be display less than a dozen artists out of hundreds. Also it takes twice as long to load home sharing as iOS 5 did. Since I have this problem with 2 iPod's and my iPad mini I assume this is an iOS 6 problem

My iPhone 4S and iPad 3 with iOS 5.0.1,home sharing works perfectly

2. jonnyb098 macrumors 68020

This is a horrible bug in iOS 6 that has yet to be fixed so you are not alone. Logging out of home sharing and back in temporarily fixes this. Love how they just completely broke something they introduced about a year ago.

Also hoping for a Bluetooth audio fix for the music app. It's severely distorted ONLY in the music app when streaming to Bluetooth speakers.

3. guitarmandp thread starter macrumors 6502

I have never been able to fix this. I wonder if the people at Apple are even aware of this issue

4. saxman211 macrumors regular

saxman211

Apple is aware of it... It seems at though they may be trying to ignore this one and it may be the reason why the released the new ipad with better wifi...

5. saxman211 macrumors regular

saxman211

Also, when I last made a call to Apple about it, I was told that no one had called and asked about it before and they were unaware of the problem. I think we all should do this and save our case numbers so they have no excuse...