Home Sharing problems, once again.

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by CylonGlitch, Mar 6, 2013.

1. CylonGlitch macrumors 68030

CylonGlitch

For a while it looked like the Apple TV home sharing problems had been fixed, I was getting much better up time, not having to the iTunes Server. Then recently there was an update to iTunes and now I'm losing my Home Sharing again on a daily basis, this is driving me insane.

Anyone else experiencing anything like this? I need to fix this thing once and for all.

2. mic j macrumors 68030

Mine is solid as a rock. Has been from day 1. Sorry.:eek:

3. Pyromonkey83 macrumors 6502

What kind of computer are you running your iTunes server from, Windows or Mac? Also, is the computer wired or Wireless? How about the Apple TV? Do you allow the server to go to sleep?

I ask because mine was running fine with no issues ever until I moved my iMac and made it wireless with a network server hosting the files. This is currently causing me many headaches, including files not playing and the server often "disappearing".

4. CylonGlitch thread starter macrumors 68030

CylonGlitch

Thread about this about six months ago.

It worked for a little while, everything seemed good. But now all mucked up again. I need to re-check the setup. I have 4 different ATV's, some wired, some not. This time, both are failing. The server is an old MBP C2Duo.