Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kevo1011

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 3, 2010
I cannot believe iTunes and home sharing suck this bad. I have two ATV3's with 1 wired and 1 wireless. My internet runs about 75 Mbps to my PC and and 20 Mbps wifi. Both of my ATV3's keep disconnecting from my home sharing. Does anyone have suggestions?

I am so hoping that the new ATV will stream directly from a NAS.

ohio.emt

macrumors 6502a
Jul 18, 2008
Ohio
I've had this problem a few years back with my mini, and atv3. I turned off dark wake and it has stayed pretty well connected.

Boyd01

Staff member
Feb 21, 2012
New Jersey Pine Barrens
Really haven't had any problems with my two AppleTV3's, they are both hardwired. I have them set to always stay on. I have a Mini for an iTunes server and it is always on also. I use the AppleTVs almost exclusively to watch the content on the Mini and when I turn the TV on, it is still connected to the Mini exactly the same as the last time I used it.

When the kids visit they use their iPhones and iPads with the AppleTVs and never have problems either.

lexvo

macrumors 65816
Nov 11, 2009
The Netherlands
For me, it is better now than a few years ago. Probably due to updates of iTunes, Airport firmware etc..

There isn't a general fix for disconnecting homesharing. In the past I've tried: fixed IP-adresses, ATV always on, different firmware versions, different WiFi channels, all kinds of router settings and so on. Nothing really helped for longer than a few days however.

This is one of the reasons I won't upgrade my ATV3. Instead I will look at other solutions for my media.

jdag

macrumors 6502a
Jun 15, 2012
Really haven't had any problems with my two AppleTV3's, they are both hardwired. I have them set to always stay on. I have a Mini for an iTunes server and it is always on also. I use the AppleTVs almost exclusively to watch the content on the Mini and when I turn the TV on, it is still connected to the Mini exactly the same as the last time I used it.

When the kids visit they use their iPhones and iPads with the AppleTVs and never have problems either.

I agree.

Changing my AppleTVs to always on solved 99% of my Homesharing disconnections.

Reactions: EedyBeedyBeeps
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.