Home Theater from Costco

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by nbs2, Oct 7, 2009.

1. nbs2 macrumors 68030

nbs2

So I was at Costco the other day and saw a home theater kit that seemed to be a good fit for my parents who need to upgrade to BR (my sister's wedding video was shot on BR, so it sort of pushes up the "wait until it breaks" timetable up a little).

I've never bought a home theater system from Costco before, but see this as something that would fit their budget (they like good video, audio is a secondary concern) and lifestyle (they've been happy with TV built in speakers since as far as I can remember). Coupled with Costco's policies, it seems like a good deal.

But, how is the quality and pricing of the products that they sell? I know they get special models which throws off exact price comparisons and reduces the number of reviews, in this case a Panasonic something-something that when I looked it up yielded exactly zero reviews from anywhere.

2. caligurl macrumors 68030

caligurl

i think, from what you've said about your parents... they would enjoy any system that is available for sale at costco! and you can't beat the return policy!

3. mscriv macrumors 601

mscriv

If your talking about the Panasonic Blue Ray Home Theater with built in ipod dock then I think they make a couple of versions with varying speaker sets (5.1 and 7.1). I tested the SC-BT303 system out at our local Sam's Club and thought it looked like a pretty good system. We have used an older Panasonic DVD 5.1 home theater system for a couple of years now and it has served us well. Looks like a pretty good gift to me.