"Home Videos" now gone, can i get them back?

Discussion in 'iOS 10' started by MK25toLife, Dec 19, 2016.

1. MK25toLife macrumors regular

Hello, my "home videos" which were my fav movies are now gone after updating to 10.2. I am aware this is an issue and have searched the forums but cannot find a solution.

I am out of the US for the next few weeks and would love to have these movies with me. How can I retrieve them without syncing to my computer? Are they complete erased from my phone with the iOS update or are they living somewhere? I have read conflicting posts about the Videos app being available to redownload from the app store but I don't see it.

2. MK25toLife thread starter macrumors regular

3. DaveOP macrumors 65816

The Videos app did not disappear for me when the TV app was added. If you spotlight search it, it still shows up.

4. CTHarrryH macrumors 65816

5. MK25toLife thread starter macrumors regular

No the Videos app is not available in search. Neither are my videos if I try to search for them by name.

6. Rogifan macrumors P6

Rogifan

The issue appears to be videos don't show up when wifi is turned on. Can you see them when wifi is off?

7. MK25toLife thread starter macrumors regular

I tried turning wifi off and it didn't work either.

8. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

If you go to Settings -> General -> Storage and they are not listed in the TV app or videos app, then they are no longer on your device and the only way to get them back is to sync with iTunes.

9. cardfan macrumors 65816

Yeah, this tv app is crap. I don't really care about it but just put the videos app back in.

10. pudge104 macrumors member

That's the problem. iTunes says the home videos won't sync back to the phone because the Videos app is missing. The Videos app is I longer available so there's no way I see to get home videos back on the phone.

11. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

As long as you are running the latest version of iOS and iTunes then you should be able to sync fine. I have no problems doing so.

12. pudge104 macrumors member

You would think so but that's not the case. I am using the beta iOS though.

13. CTHarrryH macrumors 65816

My home videos are on itunes when phone not plugged in. Plug it into iTunes and it only show video's downloaded from Apple. I am running most current of all software. Also under settings / general storage - it doesn't show TV app or Video

14. CTHarrryH macrumors 65816

So I tired this and it worked. I took one of the home videos and did a FILE - Convert - to iphone/ipad version. it created a same name second version. Now when I plug in iPhone and look under movies it shows the converted so I can sync it.

Didn't need to do this since I used to move this to my devices when i traveled. But at least this seemed to work.