Home wireless connection

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by santangelo, Jan 1, 2008.

1. santangelo macrumors regular

Hi

I have connected my Iphone to the home internet connection, on the home page i see its changed to i wireless signal logo yet as soon as i go online with the iphone it changes back to the square and the net is really slow again.

I have looked in the settings and it does say am connected to my wireless router.

Does anyone now where am going wrong?

Thanks

2. aross99 macrumors 68000

aross99

Any chance you have locked your wireless router down by MAC address? If so, you have to add your iPhone's MAC Address to your router (Settings/General/About/WiFi Address).

3. santangelo thread starter macrumors regular

No i havent.

i have just noticed thou that the ip address on the iphone is wrong as i have 2 macs and a few pcs all on the wireless routher.

and all there ip address are 192.168.1.** yet when i look at the iphone ip adress its 169.254.125.64 where has it got that from and how do i go about changing it.

as on my router setting the iphone isnt showing up yet on the phone its saying its connected

thanks

4. makuser macrumors newbie

WIFI try using static ip address

I had similar problems. After calling Apple support. They had me change the IP settings from DHCP to Static. I don't have the static address they recommended, since I am away from my home network. I had to make similar changes to an itouch to get it to work wirelessly also.

5. santangelo thread starter macrumors regular

yeah am lost with these settings.

and cant find them anywhere on the net

6. makuser macrumors newbie

using the static IP address try the DNS 208.67.222.222, if that doesn't work try apple support and tell them to help set you up on a static address.

7. santangelo thread starter macrumors regular

got it working,

just re entered the wireless password again and its sorted it :)

thanks