Home, work and silent sound profiles

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by sch11, Oct 21, 2012.

1. sch11 macrumors member

I've been searching online and have gone through every page in the iPhone's settings to find a way to set up different sound profiles. I can't believe this isn't available, and you're limited to one sound profile, the mute switch and the odd Do Not Disturb feature.

Is there any way to create different sound profiles and switch between them quickly? So I can have a profile for when I'm at my desk, a profile for meetings, and a profile for when I'm outdoors? The silent switch would work for meetings, except I read somewhere that it doesn't mute everything. But I want more control over my outdoor/home profile and the profile I use when I'm at my desk. Now that I've written all this out, I'm beginning to think there's no way I would have missed the feature if it were present, so I'm assuming it's not. Can anyone confirm?

2. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

I liked my old Nokia from years ago for the profiles you could set up such as general,outdoor,silent and meeting etc ,which could also be timed to end at a certain time.

Wondering if a tweak could be written ?

:rolleyes:

3. sch11 thread starter macrumors member

Agreed. My ancient Nokia was good at this. Blackberry was even better, at least for my needs. I'm amazed that Apple still hasn't added this after so many years. As far as I can tell, jailbreaking is the only way to get the functionality: http://tom.zickel.org/iphone/cydia/sbschedule/depiction/. SBSchedule sounds amazing -- much better than anything on my old Nokia or Blackberry handsets. It really provides the sort of control you expect to have right out of the box over a pocket computer that's also a cell phone. I think Android has something like SB toggles built in.