Homebutton not working + other probs

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Blitzerin, Jul 31, 2008.

1. Blitzerin macrumors newbie

When I first got my iphone yesterday, it was working fine, but after about 2 hours the home button just wouldn't respond, i had to do a system restore on it to get it to work. A couple more times that same day it happened, but it seemed to fix after I reset it.

It hasn't stopped working at all today, but now I'm getting this weird problem, where maybe 1 out of 5 times that I click on the home button when exiting an application, it will open up my "favorites" menu on my phone contact list. It's not a huge bother, but it sure does get irritating after quite some time.

I'm considering going to the apple store and exchanging my iphone for another, but do they have to see the problem for themselves before they can do the exchange? Because chances are the problem won't happen while I'm at the store.

2. Van Wildonher macrumors 6502a

Pressing the home button twice in a row will open your favorite numbers.

3. dccorona macrumors 68020

dccorona

they might have to see the problem
    but heres what to do....find the slightest manufacturing imperfection. one so small you need a magnifying glass to see it. like the glass is 1/12 of a mm higher on one side of the screen than the other. people who are ridiculously ocd have gotten 3 or 4 different phones exchanged for problems like this

4. Blitzerin thread starter macrumors newbie

Oh really? Thay may have been that problem, hehe!

I probably could do that, because the glass actually is a little bit more above on one corner, but it was too small to be an actual bother for me.

I want to know though if anybody else is having problems with the home button not working.

5. Blitzerin thread starter macrumors newbie

Nobody having problems with their home button?