Homebutton NOT working sometimes?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by tom2847, Aug 16, 2010.

1. tom2847 macrumors regular

For some reason, a few days ago my Home button decides it doesn't want to work once in awhile until I restart my phone or respring. Happened once everyday for the past four days. I will be in a app and i can't close because the home button acts as if I didn't press when I really do. If I double click the home button though, the Multitasking bar pops up so I know the button is fine.

It feels fine and works when I restart or even can get to the respring button. I don't have SBSettings installed so I cannot easly get to the respring button like normal so if I am not already on the springboard I need to keep restarting.

I don't have SBSettings btw becasue it is a battery hog and I have noticed BIG difference in battery life without it.

2. navajarunner macrumors regular

navajarunner

Are you using notified pro? I experience the same thing but I notice it happens after using the notified pro app.

3. tom2847 thread starter macrumors regular

I am not using notified nah. What other stuff did you install from cydia. It's gotta be a tweak I installed thats doing it.

4. Cynikal.Mindset macrumors 6502a

since when is sbsettings a battery hog?? I've never experienced any drain with it on any iPhone...if there is a difference its very negligible

5. navajarunner macrumors regular

navajarunner

Well, all I really have is 3g unrestrictor, cyntact, quick reply, ifile, and of course, notified pro.

I have noticed the home button problem lately after using notified pro and installing all the libstackdisplay-libstatusbar-whatever files required to use notified pro.

6. ZhenyaF macrumors 6502

My girlfriend's iPhone 4 was doing the same thing. She's jailbroken, but no apps currently installed. She was having this problem, so I restored the phone and so far its been 2 days since the last time I restored and no problems.

7. tom2847 thread starter macrumors regular

you re-jailbreak it after the restore?

8. MacProPIMP macrumors member

Notified Pro

This happened to me, uninstalling notified pro fixed it.

9. jmor macrumors 6502

Same thing but only on occasion its happened a couple of times, but nothing I'm too worried about, and I do not have notified installed.

10. TriHFH macrumors member

This has happened to me, too, a few times over the past few days. I don't have Notified Pro installed. I have BiteSMS, Rock, MyWi, My3G, WinterBoard, and Longitude.

I'm running the Glasklart HD theme w/ custom icons, and have applied the 720P YouTube upload hack..

11. MacProPIMP macrumors member

12. mjfan82 macrumors regular

I have an IP4 and my phone does the same thing. The home button does not respond intermittently. I do not have notified pro installed but I am running SBSettings. It started doing it about a week ago and I can't get the home button working unless I respring. I was thinking that there was something that I need to tweak in activator but I'm not sure....

13. Mystikal macrumors 68020

Mystikal

This.

14. drew0020 macrumors 65816

drew0020

Same thing happened to me today right after I installed the new bitesms beta. It might be coincidence but that's what happened to me.

15. cdrwinston macrumors regular

Happened to me last night, only once so far. Happened after I installed clear lockscreen and classica themes.

16. neotope macrumors regular

I have a home button issue with LockInfo. If I use the QuickReply to reply to an SMS I can reply fine but the home button does not work. I have to lock my iPhone and then unlock it to be able to use the home button.

17. ZhenyaF macrumors 6502

yes, but have not installed any jailbroken apps

18. geiswiz macrumors newbie

I had the issue, but haven't had it since uninstalling LockInfo.

19. drew0020 macrumors 65816

drew0020

I only have sbssettings, lockinfo, and bitesms installed. Maybe it is lockinfo but haven't noticed any problems until this morning.

20. outphase macrumors 65816

It happened to me once. I was able to double-tap to get the multitasking bar and hold for voice control, but it would not return to home. A respring brought it back.

21. screamace macrumors member

I have the home button problem as well. It happens after I installed Notified Pro and enabled either statusbar or GriP style notification plugin. Just single press stops working, double press and press+hold are fine.

If I remove the notification plugin then the problem goes away, but it defeats the purpose of having Notified Pro over Lockinfo. I can replicate the problem 100% now.

I'm switching back to Lockinfo for now. The author of Notified Pro is pretty quiet about this bug so i won't hold my breath for a fix to come out.

22. Makaveli6103 macrumors 6502

I have the same problem. I restored through dfu mode and set up as a new iPhone and after a few days with no apps installed through cydia the home button doesn't respond all of the time. If I press home + sleep to take a screen shot it works but not home by itself. This has to be a bug with the jailbreak.

23. ApFinder macrumors newbie

I have the same problem but in my case SBSettings is the responsible. If I uninstall SB everything is back to normal!

Tks.