Homebutton: triple and quadrupletap?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Simgar988, Aug 8, 2009.

1. Simgar988 macrumors 65816

Simgar988

I have no reason or my phone app on my first page because of my ability to doubletap the home button to bring it up. I wish there was an option to triple tap and maybe even quadruple tap. This would have the potential to remove the iPod, messaging etc from the main page.

I feel like een four taps is more effiecent than finding the app and tapping it.

2. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    I have to sometime click the home button three times just to get ipod contols to show up, add more options would give unexpected results IMO, especially if the iPhone isn't ready for my "triple clicking". If something like this happens it will most likely be jailbreak-only.

3. Simgar988 thread starter macrumors 65816

Simgar988

I've never had that issue. I easily get whatever I want when I press the button once or twice. Maybe you're not clicking it fast enough?

4. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    I usually just have problems with it on the lock screen sometimes. I'm jailbroken, that might be a contributing factor.

5. jacobgaul macrumors regular

i incur the same.

6. Furi Kuri macrumors member

I'm not jailbroken, but I still have the same problems as you. Often times it'll take me 3 clicks to open up the ipod controls.

7. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

I've never even seen someone program for triple clicking or quadruple clicking. That might be very difficult to do, since programming doesn't have a triple click and quadruple click event listener.

8. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I am in Furi Kuri's camp. Not JB, never JB'd this phone and I have that issue. Sometimes on the lock screen I have the same issue just trying to get the slider to appear.

9. Simgar988 thread starter macrumors 65816

Simgar988

First off I'm talking about apple doing this on a non-jailbroken phone. I'm also talking about after the phone has been unlocked, not on the lockscreen.

10. FreeState macrumors 68000

FreeState

3.1 has the tripple click home option under general>accessability

however I can't upload my screenshot from my iPhone lol

11. mackmgg macrumors 65816

mackmgg

Is this on all of them or just the 3GS? I don't want to put 3.1 on because I am jailbroken, but I'll try it on an old itouch if it'll work on the touch2G

12. blancoBronco macrumors 6502a

blancoBronco

I don't think triple click for accessibility will work on non-3G S iPhones, because only the 3G S has the accessibility option

13. sinsin07 macrumors 68030

Ooops::D

14. Simgar988 thread starter macrumors 65816

Simgar988

whoo!!! That's exciting. Now I'm extremely stoked for 3.1... although I'll save aggie the trouble and not bring back my "antzi" thread.

Do you mind sharing the options for the triple click? And if messaging has been added to the double and now triple click options. I'm not sure why they didn't include this to begin with. If anyone has any insight on why, that'd be great.

15. FreeState macrumors 68000

FreeState

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7C116a Safari/528.16)

It's because the tripple click is for accessability options only - it brings up voice over/zoom/invert color options. I doubt it will be used for any other options.

16. Simgar988 thread starter macrumors 65816

Simgar988

I don't understand the point of limiting it?

17. lavinci macrumors 6502

I would like to triple click to go straight to the phone dialpad.

18. sinsin07 macrumors 68030

Yes, this would be cool