`*~.Homecoming.~*`

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by iMacZealot, Sep 13, 2007.

1. iMacZealot macrumors 68020

`*~.~*`*~.~*`*~.~*`*~.~*`*~.~*`*~.~*`*~.~*`*~.~*`​

Who's excited for their school homecoming?

I'm starting to. I'm planning on asking this girl to it. I just hope my new best friend (of my three weeks of high school) isn't planning on asking the same girl.

I also don't know what to wear. I've heard dress up, but I've also heard dress down.

2. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

3. G5Unit macrumors 68020

G5Unit

What's the girl like? stats man, we need stats.:cool:

4. iMacZealot thread starter macrumors 68020

Well, she's blond hair green eyes (so, yea, very hot), and one of those girls who brings out the best in everyone and can talk to for hours laughing at everything each other says.

The problem with that type of girl is that you never know if she's flirting with you or not.

5. G5Unit macrumors 68020

G5Unit

Hang out with one on one and see if she likes you.

What grade?

6. iMacZealot thread starter macrumors 68020

I'm a freshman.

That's hard to do. She's never alone, but I did stop and talk to her for much of my lunch period yesterday. Her friend was there, but she didn't talk much.

I know I'll regret it if I don't take a chance. Can't tell you how many situations I regretted because I didn't make a move on a girl.

7. G5Unit macrumors 68020

G5Unit

Well I'm a sophomore, and we didn't really ask girls to homecoming. I'd just go as a group then hope she asks you to formal in a couple months.

8. iMacZealot thread starter macrumors 68020

I don't know of any groups going at my school. Maybe I just need to look around. It doesn't seem, however, whom you ask, just as long as you ask someone and show up.

Oh yeah it's also at the school this year. People are pretty upset about that.

9. G5Unit macrumors 68020

G5Unit

Our homecoming was at our school, but formal was on the military bade next door

10. Iscariot macrumors 68030

Iscariot

Nothing gets you a date like smothering the homecoming queen to death in front of a thousand horrified spectators. Bow chicka bow wow.

11. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

I don't even know what "homecoming" is, but I say ask her out.

However, from how you described her (ie: "you never know when she's flirting with you"), I'm going to guess that there are many guys who feel the same way about her, and plenty of guys who think that she's interested.

12. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

13. iBlue macrumors Core

iBlue

I'm too lazy to explain, so here.
    Part of it is almost like a prom. I got too tipsy at mine and puked in the limo. :eek:

14. dcv macrumors G3

Oh come on, you've seen the films. Bunch of 15 year olds get dressed up, hang toilet roll in the school gym, spike the punch and try to get off with each other...

15. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

Seen the films of course, but they're just films. Wondered how real to life they were or if it was all just Hollywood BS as usual.

16. ErikCLDR macrumors 68000

At my school this is the first time in history (51 years) that we are having a homecoming. We've never had one because we don't have a football team... we still don't so we're substituting the soccer team.

It should be interesting... (and probably a failure with the amount of school sprit in my school this year)

17. iBlue macrumors Core

iBlue

but spirit week is fun, you can dress like a complete tit and get away with it! that's enough to rouse even the most discriminating grumps into spirit. :p

18. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

Never was too keen on my HS, nor school spirit...

But I do have to admit that iBlue speaks truth:

Homecoming week is fun. :eek: I wasn't the coolest kid ever, but not the biggest dork either yet things change HC week. Everyone gets involved and works on your class float together. Work on decorating your part of the school quad together.

I dunno, it really does help build a sense of spirit. It's like a cease-fire amidst the drama of HS. (That and we don't have a prom king/queen, but we do for HC.) And yeah, dressing up to go along w/ the theme? So much fun!!! Some of the very best rallies happen that week, too. It's just a really fun week. Teachers get excited about it and chill out. Dunno. Good memories.

Oh yes, at my HS, frosh-juniors go by the school's declared "semi-formal" dress (so nice slacks and a button up for guys, shorter dress for chicks). The seniors though? Hells yeah, it's see-who-can-out-skank-each-other. :D That and the outfits are terribly fun. People will straight up wear costumes and stuff. It's neat. :)

19. AndyR macrumors 6502a

AndyR

Wish we had homecoming and formals at school in the UK. We only had occasional discos where everyone ended up fighting so I never went to them.

20. iMacZealot thread starter macrumors 68020

I went to the school football game tonight, which everybody goes to because we're a big football school. I talked to her a littlle bit and had fun and got her number. I may give her a ring tomorrow. I asked around, and it sounds like she isn't going with anybody.

21. iMacZealot thread starter macrumors 68020

And my melodrama continues...

Homecoming is this week, and I still haven't asked her, though I've been talking to her a lot and I think I may on her birthday, which is coming up. I thought about making her a mix CD (which is not as cliché as flowers or chocolates), but I don't know if I should just plainly ask her and not make a big deal out of it (which I sort of already am.) I don't think she's going with anybody, because any guy I talk to, they say that she's freaky and really out there. I would just describe her as a free spirit.

And the theme is Las Vegas. I don't know how I'm going to pull that off because Monday is a mass day and I have to wear a tie. Plus, I'm not the Vegas type.

I'm sure you're all fascinated.

22. iDAG macrumors 65816

iDAG

My homecoming is this week to and I can't go:mad: I have a Cross Country meet up in Michigan. Your theme is better than my schools, yours is the jungle:eek: My school is a big football school to cause we won states last year (GO DAVIDSON) but they suck this year and the schools best sport right now is boys CC:D But I remember last year never go with a date cause then your stuck with only one girl:) Heres what I would do if I were you, go single and if you end up "dancing" with her all night then you can ask her out in a week or so. That's what I did with winter formal but I broke up with her a week later:p Also don't ask her out on her bday cause that could end up a mess trust me:cool:

23. bc008 macrumors 68000

bc008

hey, if you can sneak of the bus and head to the twelve oaks apple store ;)

anyways, our school goes in groups also, then if you want you pick a girl that you want to spend most of the night with.

we dont dress up at ours, more just jeans without holes and a polo.

24. heaven macrumors 6502a

heaven

Why don't you just ask her? Otherwise you will always wonder .. "what would have been if I asked her back then?"

So grab your phone and call her ... NOW! :rolleyes:

25. iMacZealot thread starter macrumors 68020

No, I'm going to do it for sure, but I want to do it in person.