OS Neutral Homefront: The Revolution will have native Mac/Linux versions

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by TheGreatWumpus, Mar 2, 2016.

1. TheGreatWumpus macrumors regular

TheGreatWumpus

Hi all!

Some fun news for shooter fans. The new Homefront game has been confirmed to have Mac/Linux versions in development. Native one's! Even better. No Cider nonsense for us.

I can’t link to the post, since it is a press release via GamesPress, a journalistic resource. You would need to login to view the post at all. But it says:

"Homefront: The Revolution is scheduled for release on May 17th in North America, and May 20th in all other territories on Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and Windows PC."

"Native Mac and Linux versions are also in development."

Of course I posted about it over at the MGC in a little more detail: http://www.macgamecast.com/news/homefront-revolution-native-mac-linux-versions-confirmed

While the original Homefront was so so at best, the new game looks pretty neat. I'll be checking it out anyway!

Neat fact: First CRYENGINE game that will be released for OS X from what I can tell.

2. Noble Actual macrumors 6502a

3. wubsylol macrumors regular

I disagree! The original wasn't ground-breaking by any means, but it was certainly an enjoyable-enough romp for the 7 or 8 hours it took to finish.

4. Noble Actual macrumors 6502a

I'm going to guess you were smart enough to at least not buy it for $60.

Also, my point still stands. This one is just garbage.

5. wubsylol macrumors regular

6. Cougarcat macrumors 604

Well, the beta hasn't been well received.

7. Janichsan macrumors 65816

Janichsan

Interesting how you can know how this game is when it's not even released...

8. Cougarcat macrumors 604

Maybe he played the beta. Though maybe the single player will be brilliant.

9. Noble Actual macrumors 6502a

Do you know there's a beta out?

Guess not.

10. Janichsan macrumors 65816

Janichsan

Guess I do. The keyword is beta.

11. Cougarcat macrumors 604

I don't think that really matters. The game comes out in May. Bugs will be fixed; bad game design decisions won't be.

12. Janichsan, Mar 7, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2016

Janichsan macrumors 65816

Janichsan

Considering that most of the criticisms I've seen about the Homefront beta concern bugs and other technical issues, I would say it does.

13. Cougarcat macrumors 604

Go watch some YouTube impressions; the issues are much more systemic than that . Bad gunplay, AI, animations, etc. I am not surprised, considering the development hell the game went through. I'll be shocked if it turns out to be any good.

14. Noble Actual macrumors 6502a

Ok, now I no for sure you don't know **** about this game.
    --- Post Merged, Mar 7, 2016 ---
    It was doomed from the start.

THQ made the the first one, went out of business. Crytek bought the property and is doing bad itself so now its Deep Silver that is publishing it.

Also, its competing with games like Overwatch for may release. This game has no chance. Didn't even know this game had fanboys.

Some people have extremely bad taste or low standards for games. I can't believe the other dude said MOST of the issues with the beta are bug related.