Home Homekit automation triggers?

Discussion in 'HomeKit, HomePod, CarPlay, Home & Auto Technology' started by ludeboy12, Jun 16, 2016.

1. ludeboy12 macrumors newbie

ludeboy12

I think it would be really cool if HomeKit could take advantage of apps on the phone and use them as triggers to automation.

I mean we have all the tools built right into every phone. Lets just link them all together. I'd like to be able to automate my morning wake up to start when my phone alarm goes off. I shouldn't have to turn off my alarm and then either hit the good morning button or tell Siri. This should all be able to be done automatically.

2. xraydoc macrumors demi-god

xraydoc

Agreed. That would be a great addition to the alarm - triggering a HomeKit scene in addition to ringing the alarm sound.

3. Recognition macrumors 6502

Recognition

Couldn't you just set a scene to be triggered at a certain time? Like the same time your alarm is set to go off?

4. amjustice macrumors 6502

amjustice

That would be the easiest way to set this up right now, schedule a recurring scene. I agree though it would be cool to be able to cue off of other apps and things.

5. ludeboy12 thread starter macrumors newbie

ludeboy12

Maybe if you have a set daily schedule. That wouldn't work with my schedule though.

6. xraydoc macrumors demi-god

xraydoc

Of course, but then if you change the alarm you have to remember to change the scene time. First-world problem to be sure, but it would still be a nice integration if you could set a scene to be triggered by the alarm clock all in one.

7. NOITAIDAR macrumors member

NOITAIDAR

There's a HomeKit API in iOS 10. I'm sure someone will write an app for that soon, but yes... Apple are missing out on having their own alarm app, or the new bedtime routine do it for you (imagine the bedtime routine slowly raising the light levels in your bedroom automatically in the morning)