HomeKit Homekit broken since release of iOS 12

google

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 13, 2007
Ever since iOS 12 was released my homekit is broken. I used be able to use my hunter fan work with homekit and siri and now I cannot even add that fan to homekit.

Anyone else has similar issue and how did you resolve it?

StumpyBloke

macrumors 68000
Apr 21, 2012
England
You’ve given us very little to go on but, for starters, have you restarted everything and made sure all kit is up to date?

Last edited:

JBaby

macrumors 6502
Jun 14, 2015
I have a Hunter Symphony fan and I’m on the latest version of iOS and everything is working just fine. Now the Hunter app is completely useless. Don’t try to sign up for the advanced features because then it won’t work at all. You may need to completely start over. But without more information I can’t really help you.

google

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 13, 2007
What hub do you use? An Apple TV or HomePods? Are they turned on to act as a hub in the Home app?
Where do you find this in Apple TV? Never had to do this before.

It was working perfectly with just homekit on my phone and once i upgraded it to iOS 12 it stopped.

I can go back to my iOS 11 phone and I can add the fan without any issues.

JBaby

macrumors 6502
Jun 14, 2015
Where do you find this in Apple TV?
Go to the Home app on your phone. Tap the icon that looks like a house in the upper left hand corner. I have three home hub devices listed. My tv and my two HomePods. Bedroom (2) is my hub.

google

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 13, 2007
Yup did that and when I add a device by scanning the code it says invalid code even thou it is correct code.