Home homekit hub missing on apple tv

Discussion in 'HomeKit, HomePod, CarPlay, Home & Auto Technology' started by john991, Oct 24, 2016.

1. john991 macrumors 6502a

I seem to have an issue under tvOS 10.0.1 in that under iCloud settings I do not see any option for homekit hub. (no option to connect or disconnect).

Under my iPad I can connect to homekit hub on my iPad and can control my lights inside or remotely.

Any idea why I can't use my Apple TV 4 for a homekit hub?

Thanks

2. pilotkid macrumors 6502a

I have this same problem/question! iPad shows up, not my 4th gen Apple TV...

3. john991 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I had his problem running tvOS beta. I had to reset the Apple TV and reinstall download all apps. It was a pain and not really want to do it again.

4. pilotkid macrumors 6502a

I am not running any tvOS beta software, just the general public release software...still can't find home hub...

5. john991 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I'm running the released tvOS 10.0.1 now and same issue. Hopefully Apple will fix this asap.

6. nightcap965 macrumors 6502a

nightcap965

Turn off your iPad. If you're using two-factor authentication, it will show up on the Apple TV. I think Apple assumes that if you have Homekit enabled on your iPad, you're using it for a hub.

Once enabled on the Apple TV, it doesn't seem to care if you access it on the iPad again.

7. pilotkid macrumors 6502a

This worked for me! Thanks! I had two-factor on already. I signed out of iCloud on my 4th gen Apple TV and then restarted it and signed back into iCloud, and there it was. All is good now!