HomeKit HomeKit issue Loading Accessories and Scenes

Discussion in 'HomeKit, HomePod, CarPlay, Home & Auto Technology' started by dan9700, Feb 14, 2018.

1. dan9700 macrumors 68000

dan9700

So I can't use the homepod as my Home app on my Apple ID just shows Loading Accessories and Scenes, I've looked online and spoke with apple they even toke a log file but can't fix it nothing works leaving it on for hours theres no reset HomeKit, all I need is to reset the HomeKit on my iCloud I've done all the things like restore change keychain but nothing works plz someone help me cos I can't use my HomeKit devices

2. gwang73 macrumors 6502a

gwang73

3. cclarke99 macrumors member

cclarke99

Remove all of your accessories, then delete the home. This will wipe any HomeKit config saved in your iCloud account.

4. dan9700 thread starter macrumors 68000

dan9700

What you mean all i have is phillip hue set up as homekit so remove the app then home app

5. dan9700 thread starter macrumors 68000

dan9700

Doesnt work
    --- Post Merged, Feb 15, 2018 ---
    All i have is loading accessories cant get into any setting

6. dan9700 thread starter macrumors 68000

dan9700

Been on phone to apple for 2 hours and they said they still cant see why it doesnt work i cant belive this is happening they said only way might be make a new apple id i said hell no all my yeara of apps and films shocking

7. cclarke99 macrumors member

cclarke99

If you absolutely have to do that, use your current (and presumably primary) Apple ID to setup family sharing and share your stuff to a newly created account. Clearly not an ideal solution, but could be a good one until something better comes around for a fix to your problem.

Also, FWIW, if you keep at Apple, you might be able to get them to do some kind of a 'reset' on your iCloud account. I had them do that for me when I had issues a couple years ago with sync issues. It took a lot of persistence with them and escalations, but eventually they did it but warned me to back everything I had up that lived in iCloud -- especially iCloud Drive.

8. dan9700 thread starter macrumors 68000

dan9700

thank you I have a case with apple just waiting for engeriers to get back to me, I wish there was easy way, I have even let it run all night and still didn't get the reset option some people are saying online

9. dan9700 thread starter macrumors 68000

dan9700

10. Macintosser macrumors newbie

Macintosser

Any progress? I am facing the same issue, and Apple support was less then helpful.

11. dan9700 thread starter macrumors 68000

dan9700

no 3 months and apple still didnt do nothing so had to make a new apple id and start again they wouldn't even give me a voucher to re buy my payed apps, im screwing, apple has become really bad lately

12. Bfarmer38119, Apr 28, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2018

Bfarmer38119 macrumors member

Yes, I spent two months going through this with several senior engineers. I was finally told that it would be addressed in a future iOS update. No timeline. They also have had this going on for several years but they don’t seem to acknowledge it.

Involved with this was an issue they were to discover was a world wide server bug they found to fix. They didn’t give me any details but sent me a Circle 2 as thanks. So it does still happen for free stuff.

I think developers see the homekit weaknesses and so they tend to choose another platform that works to support- Alexa,etc.

13. cclarke99 macrumors member

cclarke99

Sign in to your account that owns all of the apps and setup Family Sharing and add the new account as part of the family with the old account as the master account for the family... you should be able to get most, if not all, of your owned apps.

14. Macintosser macrumors newbie

Macintosser

This whole thing is really frustrating. I don’t remember Home app ever working for me. And now my new HomePod cannot be fully configured. I’ve read that for several people Apple engineers were able to reset their HomeKit databases on the server side and everything started working as expected. Having that in mind, I contacted Apple support hoping for the same outcome. However, “due to the policies between Apple and the country you reside in” the best they did was to send me links on how to setup Home app which won’t even open... The first thing I do after every beta release is to check if they fixed it. Fingers crossed that iOS 12 will be THE release to fix this once and for all.

15. duffman9000 macrumors 68000

duffman9000

Bit by the same bug. I was told to try the "wait 30 minutes" workaround.